New insert coating, LATUMA
We have done some test in the USA with our new L-coating with good results in material such as G-X6CrNiMo1810 (CF8M).
This new L-coating can work up to 100°C higher temperature than our R-coating.
It is the need to further boost productivity in processing and deploying a wide variety of challenging materials while improving process reliability even under the most difficult circumstances.
Benefits with L-coating:
- The high aluminium content enhances oxidation resistance and hot hardness
- The balanced coating hardness versus residual stress ratio opens up a broad spectrum of applications
- High chemical stability optimizes crater wear resistance
- Optimised thermal shock resistance makes L-coating ideal for wet and dry machining
- Greater productivity thanks to higher cutting speeds and feed rates
- Reliability and long tool service lives for maximized machine capacity utilization
We change the labels on our products to Matrix-code in week 39. We will not change on the products in stock so they will have the old code for some time.
Scandinavian Tool Systems AB
Box 59, SE-793 12 Insjön, Sweden
Phone +46 (0)247 410 20
Fax +46 (0)247 415 71